GRACE OF GOD

 

“I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” (Exodus 33:19 NKJV)

Many of my old friends with whom I frolicked in the past still can't believe my present stand with the Lord; in fact some think I'm just on 'sabbatical'! To test my claim, I was deliberately made to pray at our meetings so they could weigh my words. At such times, God always made His grace abound in me to pray like a true follower of Jesus Christ. Then I would thank God at such times for His grace.

Grace has been defined as Unmerited favour and Enabling power from God. And again as the acronym G.R.A.C.E. meaning God’s Resources At Christ's Expense. Grace is both the empowerment and enablement given by God, through Jesus Christ, to those who believe in Him. It is given as resource for particular purposes in the Kingdom.

Apostle Paul experienced the gracious nature of the Almighty God. Not only did he write most of the books of the New Testament in the Bible, he received the strength to withstand all manners of persecution. He could stand against all trials, temptations and tribulations. He declared at the end: I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith...” (2 Timothy 4:7)

Before Jesus departed this world, He left His disciples with power to carry on the work He started. “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.” (John 14:26)

One preacher gave us thirteen things the grace from God gives:

1.Grace can save the world. Genesis 6:8 AMP, Ephesians 2:8-9 NKJV 

 2. Grace can give one all good things. Psalms 84:11 NKJV -

 3. Grace can bring men to repentance. Zechariah 12:10 AMP 

 4. Grace can impart great blessings. Acts 4:33 AMP 

 5. Grace can bring salvation. Titus 2:11-12 AMP, Ephesians 2:4-10 NKJV 

 6. Grace can impart faith. Acts 18:27 NKJV, 

7.Grace can justify. Romans 3:24-25 NKJV, Titus 3:7 NKJV 

 8. Grace can overcome sin. Romans 5:20 NKJV

 9. Grace can reign in life if permitted. Romans 5:21 NKJV

 10. Grace can make one God's elect. Romans 11:5-6 NKJV

 11. Grace can give boldness. Romans 15:15 NKJV

 12. Grace can make the unclean, clean. 1 Corinthians 10:29-31 KJV 

 13. Grace can give power. 1 Corinthians 15:10 NKJV

[Courtesy: Revival  Ministries International -2013]

Last line. The gracious God says, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 


Links to my EBooks:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

READING. Part 1

READING. Part 3

QUIET TIME

THEY THAT WORSHIP GOD

READING. Part 4.

MENTORSHIP

Reading. Part 5

BURN YOUR BRIDGE

FINISHING STRONG

EXUBERANT PRAISE, EXORBITANT WORSHIP - Part 1.