Foremost Names and Titles of Jesus



IMMANUEL

 

_“Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”_ (Matthew 1:23 NKJV)


Here's a chat with a young father:


"You named your son Emmanuel, any particular reason?"

"We bear English names in my family. My father gave him the name. Mine is John."

"Emmanuel is not an English name, it is a bible name."

"I know. I love the name; I chose the name among many that were given the boy."

"Do you know it's meaning?"

"Not really, I just love calling my son by that name!"

"Why?"

"It sounds religious, I'm sure you know I'm a Christian."


It is obvious from this chat that many are yet to know the truth behind the name and person of Jesus. This is because not every Christian is a true believer in Him, although one prays it was so. 

      'Immanuel' is translated 'God with us', and is the fulfilment of an age-long prophecy by Prophet Isaiah: _'Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel'_ (Is.7:14). There had been a desire in God's heart to make His dwelling among men whom He created in His own image since like attracts like! So He formed a pleasurable garden in Eden here on earth and put man there, hoping to visit man and fellowship with Him there at will. But man fell into sin and denied God this pleasure, causing Him to destroy the early men with the great flood. Since then, God had been seeking another way to dwell among men.

       Prophet Isaiah wrote, '...I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?” (Isaiah 6:8). This reveals that God is still looking for willing people to send and fulfil His purpose on earth. In the course of time, He sent a forerunner, John the Baptist, to prepare the hearts of men to meet their Saviour. Then God sent His Son to dwell with men. “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.” 

      The bible says, 'He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. When we believe in Immanuel, God’s beloved Son sent us, we believe in God; when we have seen His Son Immanuel, we have seen God!


*Chorus*. _Immanuel, Immanuel._ [From 1000 Choruses, compiled by Olusegun Isaac, #341]

I was born to be His dwelling place

A place for the presence of the Lord

So let my life now be separated unto Thee

That I may be what I was born to be.

Ref. Immanuel, Immanuel,

         Your name is called Immanuel,

         You're God with us, revealed in us, 

         Your name is called, Immanuel.


*Reading*.  Isaiah 7.  John 1.

*The Word.*  And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14)

*Worship line.*  “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and  be their God. (Rev. 21:3)

*Prayer*.  Thank You, heavenly Father, for sending us Your Son for our salvation and redemption. And by Your Spirit that He gave us, uphold us to the end. Amen.

*Last line.*  If Jesus is in the boat of your life, it can never capsize. Invite Him aboard today.

*Action*.  Say this prayer: Lord Jesus, I confess my sins of the past. Forgive me and give me a place in Your heart. I become Yours from today. Write my name in the book of life. Thank You for saving me.

Congratulations. Welcome to the Body of Christ. What to do?

1. Tell someone about Jesus.

2. Read your bible and pray everyday.

3. Find a bible believing church to attend.

4. Fellowship regularly with other brethren.


© OO-I.  Please share.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

READING. Part 1

READING. Part 3

QUIET TIME

THEY THAT WORSHIP GOD

Reading. Part 5

FINISHING STRONG

BURN YOUR BRIDGE

READING. Part 4.

THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING

O GOD OUR HELP IN TIMES PAST